Saturday, February 25, 2012

What's your favorite recipe?

With the Bug joining us at the theoretical table (we got rid of our dining room table as there is just no space for it) we realized we need to start cooking more and not eating "ready to eat" meals.  Since DH's car accident we have mostly been living off of M&M's and other frozen meals.  Before meeting Chef Husband, I knew nothing about cooking.  I could boil up some pasta, throw some Ragu on it and call it a meal.  I ate out, I ate KD, I survived.  Now I am slowly finding cooking enjoyable as I learn new skills in the kitchen.

This has inspired a new blog series of trying new recipes.  We hope to try something new at least once a week. 

On today's menu::  Slow Cooker BBQ Chuck Roast!  Kind of like pulled pork but with beef.  Recipe to come if it's good ;)

I'm also going to do some tried and true favorites today::  Banana bread and muffins, carrot muffins with cream cheese frosting, and a quadruple batch of Winter Vegetable Soup.

Yes, quadruple!!
There are some people (a few friends and a family I don't know yet) who are going through extremely difficult times and shouldn't have to worry about cooking and meals.  Hopefully they will enjoy the soup as much as we do!

What is your favorite thing to cook/bake?  Want to share your recipe and be featured on my blog?  Send me an email with your recipe:: chroniclesofpblog@gmail.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment