Sunday, November 27, 2011

20 By Xmas:: Week One

Today is weigh in day and I was afraid to step on the scale.

It was a crazy busy week.  
Monday we were off to Kitchener for an appointment, meaning eating out for lunch and dinner.  I tried to make healthy choices but it's soooo hard when there is so much good stuff on those menus.  
Tuesday I went out to Oshweken with a friend and had a taco salad for lunch.  I can only pretend it was healthy.  Thick pita, with a chili like mixture topped with very fresh lettuce, tomato and green pepper with sour cream on top... So good, so not good for me.
Wednesday we were supposed to go to Tucker's Marketplace for a friend's birthday dinner.  When we got there, the power went out and didn't come back on.  So we went to Chinese buffet instead.  I made healthy choices when it came to dinner but those desserts were calling, no screaming, my name.
Thursday I was out and about but I did make healthy choices and cooked a healthy dinner at home.  Same with Friday.
Saturday... Bug's first birthday... Pizza, cake, chips.  Enough said.

This week I didn't snack in between meals or late at night and I completely cut out pop.
I hopped on that scale and got a very pleasant surprise::
8.5 pounds gone!!

My journey is off to a good start.  I'm afraid of next week.  I have been watching Biggest Loser for years and it is the dreaded week two where everyone plateaus.  I need to make time to go on the treadmill.  If I can do that, week two won't stop me!  Wish me luck and stay tuned to see how much I can lose!

No comments:

Post a Comment