Friday, April 20, 2012

Night Weaning #1

Last night was the first night of weaning and it went so much better than I thought it would.  I was prepared for the worst.  Endless hours of screaming, hitting and pinching, trying to take my shirt off.  I was pleasantly surprised.  None of that happened.

10:30pm- nursed the Bug to sleep in bed
1:15am- she woke up wanting to nurse, she cryed for about 15 minutes
1:30am- DH came up with a bottle of homo milk, I was skeptical as she has NEVER taken a bottle.  Well she did and went back to sleep
1:55am- out cold and I was able to take the empty bottle from her
5:25am- she woke up wanting to nurse, gave her another bottle only half full of milk and she went back to sleep!
7:54am- she woke up wanting to nurse and got it.  I said I wouldn't give in before 8am but 6 minutes is fine with me.  She was done and asleep again in about 20 minutes
11:15am- we woke up and came down for some breakfast!

Working in retail my schedule is so varied from week to week that we decided long ago that the Bug would not have a 7 or 8pm bedtime.  And I work until 9:30 tonight so this schedule works out pretty well.  She will hopefully have a nap around 3, get dropped off at daycare at 4:45 and then be ready for bed when I pick her up.

Here's hoping night #2 goes as smoothly!

1 comment: