Thursday, January 26, 2012

Dear Nana

I miss you.  I can't believe it has been a year since you lost your battle with the evil 'C'.  I wish I had more of the amazing memories that everyone else seems to have of you.  I hear my brothers and cousins talk about you and I am jealous that we didn't have a close relationship.
I have a few great memories and there is one especially that I cherish.  I was about 2 or 3 years old, so it's strange that it is such a vivid memory.  We were at the Tim Horton's in the middle of Ancaster (which is no longer there, by the way) way back when they had those awesome spinny stools.  I was sitting there joyfully spinning back and forth and you were there smiling at me.
I'm sorry we didn't visit more when you lived in Ontario and I am sorry I didn't visit more when you moved out west.  I'm sorry that you and Poppa weren't at my wedding, that's a big one for me.  And another big one, possibly the biggest, I'm sorry you didn't get to meet my little Bug.  She would have loved you and you would have loved her.
I am grateful that I got to make the trip to the Island for your memorial and that I got to spend a week connecting with Poppa.  He really enjoyed the Bug and watched her almost every morning while I showered and got ready! 
I hope to see you again someday and maybe then we can have the relationship that we missed out on this Earth.
Love always,
A


1 comment: