Saturday, January 28, 2012

Super Soup Saturday

I made our favorite soup today::  Winter Vegetable!

First things first, I was so excited to use my new stock pot::

The prep work is the hardest part, peeling and chopping sweet potato, carrot, onion (and the tears that come with them) and apples::

Sooo worth the effort once it all starts cooking and the house starts to smell fabulous::

An hour later, pureed and back on the heat for 10 minutes::

And the final product::
Dinner for today for us and the Bug, two ziploc containers to freeze, one to give to a friend going through a rough time (enjoy S & T!) and one to surprise someone with :)
For the recipe check out my Winter Veggie Soup Recipe

2 comments:

  1. You should join our soup swap! Our next swap is in March. http://www.facebook.com/groups/134020856717859/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you say that, I'm already a member of the fb group and I wasn't able to make it to the one last week... Hopefully I can make it to the next one!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete