Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Loving Daycare

It's hard to believe that I have been back to work for 8 weeks as of yesterday.  For the first month Bug was staying with a friend while I worked and then the week after Christmas she started into daycare and so far it has been a great decision for us.
We chose the Little Learning House for several reasons.  They have a new center that caters to infants and younger toddlers.  It goes from 6-18 months and then as they feel the kids are ready they transition to the toddler center.  The center is run by ECE's who are all amazing with my Bug and so patient!  Now when we get there Bug goes right to them and waves goodbye to me.  No more tears!
And the biggest factor in our decision is their flexible care program.  If we need them, they are available 7 days a week, from 6am-9pm.  I work in retail and I needed that option.  My job is based on what there is to do each day, if I finish early I go home early and the daycare is fine with that.  I pay for the time we use and that is it.

Somehow, the girls get Bug to sleep in a crib at every nap.  Something I have not been able to do in the 14 months since she was born::


3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you found a perfect daycare, you were in one too as an infant and look how great you turned out....love ya both

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! I'm so glad that you've found a daycare program that you like - and that it's working out so well for you and your family! I wish my baby would sleep so sweetly in a crib - I wish I could sign her up just for that alone!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also glad that the daycare is working out for both of you! I sure wish the location was closer to me as it sounds like a GREAT place ;-)

    ReplyDelete